Motion Capture for the Masses
iPi Motion Capture™ is a markerless technology that literally puts motion capture at animator's desktop and brings a totally new workflow paradigm to
- filmmakers, CG animators, videogame developers, broadcast motion
graphics designers and prosumers
Our customers are from:
- entertainment, 3D design, education, military and other vertical markets
The technology is accurate, easy to use and affordable.
iPi Recorder™ is a multi-camera video recording tool. It works with MS Kinect cameras , Sony PlayStation Eye cameras and DirectShow-compatible webcams (USB and FireWire).
With iPi Motion Capture™ you can:
- Record multi-camera video in regular office / home environment
- Track 3D human motions right at your desktop and produce 3D animation
- Clean-up / edit 3D animation using integrated clean-up / keyframing tools
- Transfer motions to 3D character and export 3D animation to most popular formats including FBX, BVH, Collada
iPi Motion Capture™ is available in 3 editions:
iPi Studio Express:
iPi Studio Basic:
- Entry-level configuration that works with one Kinect
- Easy to use but applicable for relatively simple motions without rotations
iPi Studio Pro:
- Includes all basic features needed for high accuracy motion capture
- Supports capture with 2 depth sensors or 3 to 6 Sony PS Eye cameras
- Includes all high-end features including multiple persons tracking
- Supports capture with 4 depth sensors or 3 to 16 Sony PS Eye cameras
iPi Motion Capture™ is compatible with
- Autodesk 3DS Max, Maya
- Valve Source Engine, Unreal Engine, Unity
- CINEMA 4D, Lightwave
- Poser, DAZ3D, Blender and others.
Advantages iPi Motion Capture™:
- no need for expensive facility space with special lighting, background and the team of technicians
- no need for clumsy sensor suits with reflective markers
- portable system that can be packed in a backpack with as less as 20-30 minutes set-up and calibration time
- allow up to 20 by 20 feet capture volume with minimum required space as small as 9 by 5 feet
- with integrated animation clean-up and motion transfer tools you do not necessarily need expensive 3rd party applications
- extremely affordable Solution
More info and free 30-day trial is available at www.ipisoft.com
Windows only product. The price includes only software.
- Technology: Optical Markerless
- Number of cameras: 1 or 2 Kinect cameras or 3 to 8 Sony PlayStation Eye cameras
- Input Format: *.iPiVideo (recorded with free iPi Recorder™ application)
- Output Formats:
- Biovision .BVH
- 3D MAX Biped-compatible .BVH
- iClone-comaptible BVH
- Valve Software's Source Engine animation .SMD
- Video Recording Conditions and Environment:
- Indoor and outdoor
- Normal lighting conditions
- No markers required
- Actor Clothing Requirements:
- Actor can wear reasonable casual clothes.
- Tight-fitting solid-color clothes recommended.
- Jeans and T-shirts are supported.
The new iPi Motion Capture™ Version 3 delivers a number of new features for improved workflow including support for the new Microsoft Kinect 2 sensor, improved arms tracking and a simplified calibration process that gives even entry level motion capture enthusiasts the ability to obtain quality mocap data easily and quickly.
Click here to view a demo of iPi Motion Capture™ in action:
Create your own movie with iPi MoCap!
See what our customers are doing!