Motion Capture for the Masses
iPi Motion Capture™ is a scalable markerless motion capture software tool that supports 1 or 4 Kinect cameras or 3 to 16 Sony PlayStation Eye cameras to track 3D human body motions and produce 3D animation.
“iPi Motion Capture is so powerful and cost effective. It’s fantastic to be able to come up with an idea and in a few minutes record exactly what you want and apply it to your characters. iPi is what mocap should be all about -- making your ideas reality in a matter of minutes.“
David Gonzalez, President of Mission Critical Studios, a New Jersey-based developer of mobile games: www.missioncriticalstudios.com
The technology is accurate, easy to use and affordable.
iPi Soft uses its own tracking algorithms that give much better accuracy than other Kinect/Xtion/Carmine-based motion captures available in the market. This configuration is very easy to use, as it does not require calibration. For those who haven't had experience with motion capture systems before, it is a good option to start from.
With iPi Studio Express you can:
- Record depth video with MS Kinect in regular office / home environment
- Track 3D human motions right at your desktop and produce 3D animation
- Clean-up / edit 3D animation using integrated clean-up / keyframing tools
- Transfer motions to 3D character and export 3D animation to most popular formats including FBX, BVH, Collada
iPi Studio Express works with off-the-shelf equipment:
- 1 Kinect
- Runs on regular PC with gaming class videocard
iPi Motion Capture™ is compatible with
- Autodesk 3DS Max, Maya
- Valve Source Engine, Unreal Engine, Unity
- CINEMA 4D, Lightwave
- Poser, DAZ3D, Blender and others.
Advantages iPi Studio Express:
- no need for expensive facility space with special lighting, background and the team of technicians
- no need for clumsy sensor suits with reflective markers
- system set-up is around 10 minutes
- allow up to 7 by 7 feet capture volume with minimum required space as small as 9 by 5 feet
- with integrated animation clean-up and motion transfer tools you do not necessarily need expensive 3rd party applications
- extremely affordable Solution
More info and free 30-day trial is available at www.ipisoft.com
Windows only product. The price includes only software.
The period of subscription starts from the initial activation of the key.
- Technology: Optical Markerless
- Number of cameras: 1 Microsoft Kinect
- Input Format: *.iPiVideo (recorded with free iPi Recorder™ application)
- Output Formats:
- Biovision .BVH
- 3D MAX Biped-compatible .BVH
- iClone-comaptible BVH
- Valve Software's Source Engine animation .SMD
- Video Recording Conditions and Environment:
- Indoor and outdoor
- Normal lighting conditions
- No markers required
- Actor Clothing Requirements:
- Actor can wear reasonable casual clothes.
- Tight-fitting solid-color clothes recommended.
- Jeans and T-shirts are supported.
The new iPi Motion Capture™ Version 3 delivers a number of new features for improved workflow including support for the new Microsoft Kinect 2 sensor, improved arms tracking and a simplified calibration process that gives even entry level motion capture enthusiasts the ability to obtain quality mocap data easily and quickly.
Click here to view a demo in action:
Create your own movie with iPi MoCap!
See what our customers are doing with iPi Studio Express!