The BRDM-1 (or "Bronirovannaya Razvedyvatelnaya Dozornaya Mashina" short for "Armored reconnaissance/patrol vehicle" in Russian) was an amphibious armored scout car used by Russia and the former Soviet Union. It was originally known simply as BRDM but when the BRDM-2 entered production and service with Soviet Army in 1962, it received the designation BRDM-1. The BRDM (also known as the BTR-40P) first appeared in 1957, and was in production until 1966. Total production was around 10,000 vehicles, less than 600 remain in the reserves of a number of countries.
The vehicle's most unusual feature are the four additional chain-driven belly wheels, which are lowered by the driver to allow trench crossing. The vehicle also has a tire pressure regulation system which later became standard in Soviet wheeled military vehicles. The initial version of the vehicle, the BRDM obr. 1957, had an open roof, but the next production model, the BRDM obr. 1958, added a roof with twin hatches over commander's and driver's station and two hatches at the rear.
Not only is this model great for military or war scenes, but it works great as an armored carrier or for sci-fi scenes.
.: Product Features :.
* Poser figure: obj, cr2/ png, with 302,366 polygons.
* Front wheels can steer, with an ERC dial on the Body.
* The four middle wheels (and chains) can raise and lower, with an ERC dial on the Body.
* All eight wheels can rotate, with an ERC dial on the Body.
* A separate ERC dial rotates only the four main wheels.
- The wheels included modelled treads, which means a bump or displacement map is not needed.
* The two top hatches can open and close, with an ERC dial on the Body.
* The front top hatches can open and close, with an ERC dial on the Body.
* The rear hatches can open and close, with an ERC dial on the Body.
* The forward hatch can open and close, with an ERC dial on the Body.
* The top spotlight can rotate.
This model is meant for exterior shots. And although the hatches can open, the interior is very basic.
.: Textures :.
* One 2048x2048 pixel "desert camo" texture map is included.
This product is designed for use in Poser 6 and above. A version optimized for use in DAZ Studio is available separately.